Continuing the work of Jesus
Peacefully ~ Simply ~ Together
Free Spring Church of the Brethren
670 Free Spring Church Road, Mifflintown (Van Wert), PA 17059
Free Spring is devoted to being fully accessible to all persons who have disabilities as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. This federal law defines a person with a disability as a person who has a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits a major life activity. Widespread discrimination against people with disabilities had prevented them from enjoying reasonable access to public transportation systems and many urban buildings. Even when access was possible they still experienced hardships from infrastructure that most people would have taken for granted. People in wheelchairs found restrooms too small, outside door thresholds unpleasantly too high, and sidewalk curbs nearly impossible to hurdle. Our facility rests on the side of a hill but still we have endeavored to comply or exceed ADA recommendations.
COMPLIANCE RECOMMENDATIONS IMPLIEMENTED
- Our front entrance Drive Thru provides Sufficient Clearance for off-loading.
- Parking Spaces provide quick and easy access to the front entrance.
- Adjacent to the front entrance door is an extra Wheelchair and Walker.
- Hallways are sufficiently lighted with Obstructions above minimum height requirements.
- Drinking Fountains are recessed for easy access and hallway clearance.
- Restrooms provide ample space and contain industry standard fixtures.
- We provide truncated pew areas for wheelchair occupants: Front and Rear.
- Move between floors by Elevator.
- Very low inclined ramps both Inside and Outside provide riskless access throughout our building.
- There is a much larger text Navigation Menu at the bottom of each web page.
- You can Enlarge Text on most web sites pressing Ctrl+Scroll Wheel. (Ctrl + 0 to reset)
- Comfortably enter into our Sanctuary in an attitude of worship.
- Accessible Faith: A Technical Guide for Accessibility in Houses of Worship
- Accessibility Resources For Churches
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Guide to the ADA Accessibility Standards
- Improving the Accessibility of Your Web Site
- Money and Ideas: Creative Approaches to Congregational Access
- Special Needs Ministry Resources
- Survey to Evaluate the Accessibility of your Church
- Title III Technical Assistance Manual of ADA
“Thou shalt not curse the deaf, nor put a stumblingblock before the blind, but shalt fear thy God: I am the LORD”
for mobile devices