At Broadwater Church we strive
This was the beginning of the Broadwater Church of the Brethren and a meeting house was built in 1903-1904.
Broadwater takes an active part in community projects, district programs, and supports Brotherhood projects.
A second meeting house on the same site was built in 1951 and remains to the present. Early leaders in the church were B. E. Kester, Ira Eby, George Miller, W. T. Price, and H. J. Lilly.
Through the years Broadwater has had 26 Elders or Pastors ministering to the congregation. Several were summer pastors in training. Brother Ramie Gass served 24 years, and the most recent minister was his son, Brother Harold Gass, who served 10 years before retiring.
At times Broadwater Church and Farrenburg Church of the Brethren have entered into a yoked parish pastoral agreement. The two churches are about thirty miles apart.
Over the years, more than 23 members of the Broadwater congregation have attended McPherson College in McPherson, Kansas.